Kyoto Protocol - Article 1
For the purposes of this Protocol, the definitions contained in Article 1 of the Convention shall apply. In addition:
- "Conference of the Parties" means the Conference of the Parties to the Convention.
- "Convention" means the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, adopted in New York on 9 May 1992.
- "Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change" means the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change established in 1988 jointly by the World Meteorological Organization and the United Nations Environment Programme.
- "Montreal Protocol" means the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer, adopted in Montreal on 16 September 1987 and as subsequently adjusted and amended.
- "Parties present and voting" means Parties present and casting an affirmative or negative vote.
- "Party" means, unless the context otherwise indicates, a Party to this Protocol.
- "Party included in Annex I" means a Party included in Annex I to the Convention, as may be amended, or a Party which has made a notification under Article 4, paragraph 2(g), of the Convention.